These terms govern all bookings made with GRNConnect.com. Any booking made shall be deemed to be an offer by your agency to purchase the relevant accommodation and/or travel arrangements subject to these booking conditions. No contract between your agency and us shall come into existence until we
Issue a booking ID
Issue a booking confirmation by email or fax, and
Receive payment in full.
You must be the greater of 18 or the age of majority in the laws of your jurisdiction or residence to register for, use or Book the Products or Services available on the Site.
We reserve the right to change prices offered on our web site at any time but this will not affect the price of any bookings that have already been confirmed. The prices on the web site are shown in the currency selected and displayed with rates of exchange calculated on a daily basis. Prices may therefore differ on a daily basis to reflect any movement in exchange rate levels. When a booking is made the exchange rate will be fixed at the time the booking is created and will apply to any amendments or cancellations to items within the booking or to any items subsequently added. Exchange rates are determined by GRNConnect.com.
Hotel Room Type Information
For a description of room types please refer to the search page on the web site. There are certain types of room that are unique in selected destinations as stated here. This list is not necessarily exhaustive.
German Twin rooms (sometimes also known as German Double rooms) will consist of two separate single beds attached side by side and are more similar to a Double room. Some hotels, especially in Scandinavia, may provide Twin rooms consisting of one Single bed and one Sofa bed, or Triple rooms with two single beds or double beds with one sofa bed.
In North America Double or Twin rooms may contain one bed. Customers may request separate beds when reserving however separate beds are not guaranteed. Triple and Quad rooms usually contain two double beds.
For hotels in Australia, North America and Asia the child will normally use existing bedding. Rollaway beds may be available for an additional charge.
Breakfast is not included for a child under 12 years of age when staying free of charge. Services included in the rates are detailed on the web site and on the booking confirmation. Personal expenses such as porter services, drinks from the mini bar, meals at restaurants, tips, dry cleaning, laundry, telephone calls are not included in the prices and shall be paid directly at the accommodation or to suppliers by the customers.
Other Accomodation Information
For a description of room types please refers to the search page on the web site. The following points should be noted regarding apartment/villa accommodation.
The members of the party are responsible for any damage caused by the party.
The party must comply with any rules and regulations set by the accommodation provider.
The party is responsible for payment of any charges made, in applicable properties, for use of facilities such as electricity, gas, water, telephone, linen and security, and for any other fees levied by the accommodation provider for the use of amenities.
The total number of people (including infants and children) must not exceed the maximum occupancy shown on the web site or on our voucher confirmation, otherwise access to the accommodation may be reused or additional amounts charged on arrival.
A deposit may be payable on arrival, which will normally be applied on a credit card, in order to cover any supplementary charges incurred.
The website may contain a plan of the layout of the accommodation. If so, this is based on specifications provided to us by the accommodation provider. The plan will only be a general representation of the accommodation. Actual unit size, design, fixtures, furnishings and facilities may vary from those shown on the plan.
Product information posted on our web site is based on information collected from accommodation providers and suppliers worldwide. We do not endorse or recommend any particular accommodation or travel product. Reasonable care has been taken that the content of our web site is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice. All content on this web site is published in good faith but you acknowledge that we, as booking agent, cannot check the accuracy of all information provided by its suppliers. Reference should be made to our 'Site Terms'.
Star Ratings/ Gradings
Hotels: Star ratings are used to symbolize the overall quality, level of service, food standard and range of facilities available in any given property. The criteria applied within each country will vary depending on the specific requirements established by the relevant issuing body. Descriptions of hotels on the web site shall be referred to for information purposes only. We cannot guarantee or warrant any kind of services or level of quality offered by any accommodation provider. Some countries do not use star ratings for official categorization of accommodation.
Apartments and villas: Where this information is available, apartments and villas are graded according to the general standard of the accommodation. An official body does not always carry out this grading, and it is not equivalent to standard star ratings used for hotels. Grading (where available) should be regarded as a general guide only. The grading's are for information purposes only and are not a guarantee or warranty of any kind by GRNConnect.com.
Grade 1 : acceptable overall level of quality. Adequate provision of furniture, furnishings and fittings.
Grade 2 : good overall level of quality. Good overall standard of furnishings, service and guest care.
Grade 3 : good to very good level of quality. Good standard of maintenance and decoration. Ample space and good quality furniture.
Grade 4 : excellent overall level of quality. Very good care and attention to detail will be obvious throughout.
Grade 5 : exceptional overall level of quality. High levels of décor, fixtures and fittings, together with excellent standards of management efficiency and guest services. Excellent range of accessories and personal touches.
Bookings, Payments and Confirmations
Bookings will be accepted on the web site until 24 hours prior to the date of arrival.
There are special conditions for times when trade fairs, exhibitions, major conferences and other major events are being held at the relevant locations. These are referred to as 'Special Events' in these terms.
Bookings for travel arrangements made 5 days or less in advance must be paid for on line and in full by credit or debit card at the time of booking. This also applies to any additional charges for amendments made to bookings within 5 days of travel.
Bookings for travel arrangements made 6 days or more in advance may be paid for either (a) on line at the time of booking by credit or debit card; or (b) on line at any time not less than 6 days in advance of the date of the first service by credit or debit card.
In all cases, if payment is not received by 6 days before the date of the first service, we will assume that the booking is no longer required and we will cancel the booking. Payments made on line by credit or debit card must be made in full (i.e. the gross amount) and you will receive commission in accordance with clause 9 below.
For items shown as "Available" on the web site you will usually receive an email confirming the booking within two minutes, to the email address that you provided to us when you signed on.
For items showing as “On Request” we will contact the suppliers on your behalf and respond to you within 48 hours advising if the items have been confirmed or not. In the event that you have entered credit or debit card details at the time of placing the booking no payment will be processed until the items have been confirmed.
In the event that we are unable to confirm the initial accommodation requested, an alternative may be offered and an email will be sent to inform you of the details and what action to take if you wish to accept the alternative suggestion. No payment will be processed unless you accept the alternative.
When the items have been confirmed and payment has been received, you will be able to print the vouchers for your customer. The vouchers must be presented at the accommodation reception at the time of check in, or to the service provider, as evidence that the services have been booked and paid for in advance. Failure to present the voucher may result in your customers being charged again (at the full service providers published rates) or the service not being provided.
By proceeding with this reservation, you agree to all terms and conditions, which include the Cancellation Policy and all terms and conditions contained in the User Agreement. You agree to pay the cost of your reservation. If you do not pay this debt and it is collected through the use of a collection agency, an attorney, or through other legal proceedings, you agree to pay all reasonable costs or fees, including attorney fees and court costs, incurred in connection with such collection effort.
Our Final price includes tax recovery charges and service fees.
Bookings made for Special Event periods may incur special booking conditions. You will be notified if these conditions apply, at the time of booking. “Special Conditions” will be advised when you view the applicable items in your basket, and clicking on this link will detail the event and specific conditions that apply including that 100% cancellation charges apply and that no refunds are available for those specific dates. Therefore, full payment must always be made by credit or debit card, on line at the time of booking for Special Event periods.
Cancellations and Amendments
Cancellations and amendments to confirmed bookings are subject to the following conditions.
Cancellations notified directly to the accommodation or service provider will not be effective. Requests for cancellations and amendments must be made on the GRNConnect.com website. The notice period is calculated from 12 noon on the day of arrival at the destination.
i) A cooling off period of 24 hours will apply to those bookings made more than 72 hours in advance of the arrival date at the accommodation. This will allow cancellation or amendment of an item within the 24-hour period after the first confirmation of that item without any charges being applied. However, this does not apply to booking hotel accommodation arrangement during Special Event periods .
ii) For Bookings of accommodation (other than apartments and villas) during non Special Event periods
Cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the notice period between notification of cancellation and the date of stay at each place of accommodation within a booking
Amendments where either the number of rooms (irrespective of room type) or the number of nights decreases will be charged as below
Customer name changes, where accepted by the accommodation provider, and reductions in child ages will incur no charges. All amendments are subject to availability.
If the customer does not arrive at the accommodation on the date on which they are booked to arrive or they leave the accommodation earlier than the date on which they are booked to leave, they will only be entitled to receive any refund due calculated from the time when we receive notification. All such cancellations and amendments are subject to incurring the charge for the next twenty-four hours accommodation after our receipt of notification. Refunds for unutilized nights or services are only on the discretion of the supplier.
For Apartment and Villa Bookings
11 days or more before day of arrival
No charge unless specified
10 days or less from day of arrival
100% cancellation charges will apply to any such booking.
Any changes or modifications to such bookings within 10 days from the date of arrival will be treated as cancellations and will incur cancellation charges. The only exception to this will be where additional rooms/beds/cots/nights are added to existing confirmed accommodation or nights.
iii) For accommodation (other than apartments and villas) during Special Event periods. Customers will be notified at the time of the booking if Special Event conditions will apply.
100% cancellation charges will apply to dates of stay falling within a Special Event period. For dates of stay within the same booking, not falling within the Special Event period, our standard cancellation and amendment conditions will apply.
Any amendments for dates of stay falling within a Special Event period will be treated as cancellations and will incur charges as above. The only exceptions to this will be where additional rooms/beds/cots/nights are added to existing confirmed rooms or nights. Name changes during these periods are not permitted.
iv) For apartment or villa accommodation during Special Event periods - 100% cancellation charges will apply to any apartment or villa booking.
Any changes or modifications to apartment/villa bookings will be treated as cancellations and will incur cancellation charges. The only exceptions to this will be where additional rooms/beds/cots/nights are added to existing confirmed rooms or nights.
v) For other travel arrangements: Special conditions
Where special conditions are attached to any tour, transfer or car hire you will be informed at the time of booking of the relevant cancellation conditions which will apply.
For tours without special conditions cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the period between notification of cancellation and the date the service is due to commence.
Cancellations and Amendments
More than 72 hours
No charge or unless specified
Amendments will only be charged at 100% where the number of clients decreases.
Unfortunately we are unable to make amendments to confirmed car hire bookings. If you need to change your reservation details, please cancel your existing booking and re-book with your new requirements.
GRNConnect.com will make a refund for those bookings which have been paid for in full provided those bookings are eligible for refund in accordance with the cancellation and amendment rules specified in clause 7.
For those bookings originally paid for by credit or debit card via this web site, any refund will automatically process to the original account, credit or debit card account that paid for the booking and no other methods of refund payment will be possible. If the commission has already been paid to your agency, the net amount will be refunded to the credit card. Any refund on unutilized nights or services will only be on the discretion of the supplier.
Refunds will take between 15 - 20 working days to be credited to the account, credit or debit card Bookings not settled by credit card or debit will be refunded using the same method as the payment.
Important Information for Sightseeing Tours
1) Tips are not included. These are at the discretion of the customer.
2) Children travelling free may not be entitled to meals and must be carried on the lap of accompanying adults if no seats are available.
3) Suppliers of sightseeing tours reserve the right to ask any person to withdraw from any tour if they deem their acts or conduct offensive or a nuisance to other customers and there shall be no further liability.
4) Suppliers of sightseeing tours decline any responsibility for articles forgotten or lost in their vehicles.
5) Pick up services from accommodation are provided on some tours only, however customers are asked to reconfirm these services 24 hours before the service date directly with the supplier.
6) Pick up times from accommodation and duration of all tours are approximate and may be subject to traffic conditions.
7) Where accommodation pick-up is offered, suppliers will pick up from the majority of major hotels accommodation providers in the city, but not necessarily from all of them.
8) If the supplier is unable to pick up from the requested accommodation, an alternative pick-up point will be suggested.
9) Suppliers of sightseeing tours reserve the right to alter itineraries or to cancel the tours at short or no notice for any reason.
10) Where it is necessary to cancel the tour, customers will be offered one of the following options: To join the requested tour at an alternative time or at an alternative date To join an alternative tour. To receive a full refund from us for the cancelled tour
Any complaint regarding the supply of a service should be brought to the attention of the hotel accommodation or service provider as early as possible during your customer's stay for in order for the complaint to be dealt with quickly. However if not resolved to your satisfaction it should be notified to us in writing by email within 7 days of the date of service. Any complaint received after 7 days of the date of service will not be investigated.
Liabilities and General
1) Although we take reasonable care to ensure that published descriptions are correct we do not own or operate hotels or other accommodation or travel services. We accept no liability for errors or omissions in the description of accommodation or other travel services on the web site. We reserve the right to change your accommodation booking to one of at least comparable standard and to notify you of such change as soon as possible after it occurs. No compensation is payable for such changes. In extreme circumstances we may be forced to cancel your booking in which case you will be notified of such change as soon as possible and a full and prompt refund will be made.
2) In no circumstances shall we be liable for any consequential and indirect loss or damage. Our liability shall be limited to the amount paid to us for any booking. The foregoing shall not limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
3) We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of our obligations, which results directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance, which is beyond our reasonable control. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as such circumstances: act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, epidemic, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations undertaken by the accommodation providers, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
4) We reserve the right to change these bookings terms from time to time.
5) The booking confirmation and these terms represent our entire agreement and as a result you have not entered into a contract with us on the basis of any representation not expressly incorporated into these documents.
6) If any of our booking terms shall be illegal or unenforceable such term shall not form part of the booking terms but the validity and enforceability of the other booking terms shall not be affected.
7) The laws of India shall apply to these terms and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.